Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Faced

calories consumed in honor of birthdays don't count...
Today's weather was the perfect reminder to me to stop being so stuck in a a grumpy rut. I am naturally a pretty optimistic person and my week hadn't been going so well academically but the mid 70's, light breeze, some good laughs with friends, and a floor activity helped to kick my funk to the curb. I am so very grateful for the awesome people I am continually surrounded by: my friends, my family, my staff members, my bosses, and the helpful people at MMU have certainly helped me to realize that the important things in life aren't things but moments shared with others. As I prepare for bed tonight, I am happier than I have been in a while, thanks in large part to letting a few laughs out tonight (...but maybe sharing half a pint of Ben and Jerry's with Sarah at 12:30 AM had something to do with it too... all in moderation...), recognizing that I cannot do everything and prioritizing is okay to do.



Additionally,  I arrived back to my room to the note below, it was icing on the cake to a lovely day! My residents make me happy!




Nights like tonight remind me that laughter is good, connections and communication are necessary to survive.  Sharing stories is key to survival, because without others in our lives, where would we be. I am immediately reminded of two quotes:
 HERE'S TO THE NiGHTS THAT
turned into the mornings. 

THE FRiENDS THAT
turned into family

THE DREAMS THAT
turned into reality

AND THE LiKES THAT
turned into love.

I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it's the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It's probably the most important thing in a person.  ~Audrey Hepburn 


So my shout out today is to those of you reading this blog. Thank you for being in my life. In some way, you have all helped to shape me to be who I am at this very  moment and have helped me hold my head a little higher as I put on some rain boots to make it through some muddy puddles I have faced in my life. Thank you for keeping me on track and for understanding when I need a moment to just be. Thank you for having my back and for reassuring me when the goings get tough.  I LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!

Thank you God for placing such a wonderful support system in my life! 
 

Happy Birthday!!!
Dreaming big (hopefully some serious zzzz's soon) and sending love,
Casey



No comments:

Post a Comment