Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Nearly There!

Greetings!

Just a quick note to let you all know that the three of us are almost there! We have one more flight from Manilla to Davao. This will be a short 2.5 hours. After the nearly 12 hour flight from Minneapolis to Tokyo, I think this will be a little more bearable!

I will for sure update you all on the details of our travel and arrival once I have a chance, and maybe am a little rested... my days and nights are officially confused. We left Iowa on May 29th and it is May 31st here at 0340AM.

Kelsey and I traveled from Cedar Rapids together and met up with Tilly in Manila. It sure is good to be all together and on the last leg of our journey for the day... or days (we left on the 29th Iowa time and will be arriving on the 31st Philippines time at 6:30 AM here). I have lost track of my days and nights and am looking forward to getting them back on track again! Not to mention being able to sleep laying all the way down and in a bed!

So far our flights have gone well, Kelsey and I enjoyed the touch screen movies, games, music and tracking of our plane to keep us occupied. We had a little turbulence over some Canadian mountains but otherwise it was pretty smooth.

This is a view over Alaska, just as we were about to fly over the Pacific. (The in flight map told me it was Alaska :)



No comments:

Post a Comment