 |
| practicing birthing positions |
Hello everyone!
 |
| HUGE TOAD BY OUR WASHER! |
It is officially the start of Kelsey and I's last day here, August 1. Yesterday we both worked our last shifts and are wrapping up our stuff with packing etc. My last shift was day and I had a patient whom I labor watched. I handed her off to Kelsey at two and went home to make some granola for our house and help make dinner.
I also had the six week check of the first baby I caught while here today while on shift. As shift ended, I was pretty sad to say my goodbyes but am certainly looking forward to some things at home. I keep telling my roomies small reasons I'm ready to go home- among them being skim milk, temperature regulated ovens, consistent internet (well maybe that will happen), driving, family, and other little conveniences but there are things I will miss here too. Among the things I will miss include laughing so much with my roommates, all of the AMAZING women I have met here, challenging myself everyday, jeepneys, catching babies, initial prenatal visits (gifts from God to share with new mamas), McDonald's delivery, and fresh fruits from the market.
I can't wait to see all of you soon and look forward to hearing about your summer adventures! I miss and love you so much! I thank God for this opportunity to learn so much about midwiffery, culture, poverty, other people, and His works! I thank all of you for your continued support and prayers in my life, you are all so special to me!
I cannot wait to see where God takes me next, knowing that I will carry this expereince with me forever and keep it close to my heart makes me excited for the next stirring in my heart and next dream to live!
 |
| last baby check |
 |
| last shift |
Casey- I have a feeling you will have some helpful advice for expectant moms- look out Cori...! Summer has gone by quickly, we have missed you every day, and cannot wait to see you! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your experiences, your insight, your faith. You have inspired us! Thank you for sharing your adventures and the culture of the people you have served with and worked for. It has truly been an amazing adventure. Be safe, safe travels, see you soon!!! sending love, mom
ReplyDeleteI am going to miss your blog! You have brought me tears and laughter with all of your wonderful stories. We are excited to see what the future brings for all of you girls. We can't wait until Thursday but please leave the toad and birthing chair behind :)
ReplyDeleteStick together and keep smiling!
Kathy
Casey!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the ongoing story "Midwifery, and Adventures in the Philippines" the last 2 months-it has been a great summer reading all of your experiences and tales!
Have a safe trip home! See you soon!
BKGR